G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges

3 posters

Go down

Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges Empty Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges

Post by Oidar Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:42 am

In about 1984, I did this to my 2nd '74 Laguna S-3, but I've slept since then and I'd just as soon not have to try to figger it out all over again.

I read on another forum that "The Maligoon" might have the answer.

Also, the gauges I bought came from a '77 SS Elko I found in the bone yard. Problem is, the gas gauge bezel says "Unleaded Fuel Only", and obviously I need one that just says "Fuel" to be correct for my car.

Anyone have one they wanna trade, know a source, have an idea? Idea
Oidar
Oidar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges Empty Re: Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges

Post by Limey SE Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:22 pm

look in the interior section its all there buddy its a sticky there......and i have one i think that say fuel not unleaded let me check

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges Empty Re: Conversion from Idiot Lights to Factory Gauges

Post by Oidar Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:07 pm

Anthony, (can I call you Anthony?)

You are the man!
Oidar
Oidar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:00 pm

YEA BUT HOW DOES A NEWBIE KNOW MY NAME ??? HMMMMMM..... MAYBE NOT SUCH A NEWBIE LMAO

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:00 pm

and what OTHER (like i dont know) forum are we talking about??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:58 pm

I make it no secret that I use BOTH forums, along with dozens of others. I also try to not be controversial. It does not always work,LOL. JB I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BUDDY I AM TRYING TO APPEAL TO THE MASTER AT THE OTHER PLACE AND LET ME COME BACK BUT O WELL LIVE AND LEARN AND NEVER SEND A PRIVATE MESSAGE AT THE OTHER PLACE FOR ITS NOT PRIVATE
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Oidar Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:44 pm

I just saw your name in another post.

I only took my car out of storage 6 weeks ago. It hadn't been driven for 7 - 8 years prior to that.

Everything I thought I knew about cars & mechanics is 25 years old. What little of that I actually remember is either irrelevant or outdated.

So yeah,.. I'm a real newbie.
Oidar
Oidar
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Oidar wrote:I just saw your name in another post.

I only took my car out of storage 6 weeks ago. It hadn't been driven for 7 - 8 years prior to that.

Everything I thought I knew about cars & mechanics is 25 years old. What little of that I actually remember is either irrelevant or outdated.

So yeah,.. I'm a real newbie.
You think YOU are a newbie, I was a drag racer in the 1960s and just got interested again after I retired. Trouble is by the time you retire your body is worn out and it needs to be retired. I am unable to do much anymore except bench race. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down