G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1973 Grand Am Parts Needed

3 posters

Go down

1973 Grand Am Parts Needed Empty 1973 Grand Am Parts Needed

Post by dkinzl1 Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:26 pm

The car is a 1973 Pontiac Grand Am, 455. Cameo White/Ox Blood. 53k miles. Not too many options, which I would like to change. I know keeping a classic car "original" is a common strategy, and if this was a 73 Firebird I wouldn't do it, but GAs don't have that value and I don't think adding a few options will hurt.

Other 1973 GM A-bodies that might have the same option mechanics. Lemans/GTO, Chevelle SS, Buick Century GS, Oldsmobile Cutlass Hurst/Olds W-30. I don't know how many previous or subsequent years might also work. Any guidance there would be appreciated as looking up "Grand Am" parts does not often generate much.

Interior parts should be ox blood (red). Here's my list:
> Passenger side lower seat trim. This is the hard plastic skirt near the floor.
> Drivers side power seat - complete.
> Tachometer and rear housing (green).
> Power window door panels with trim and switches. This would be the lower half of the door panels. I think I have the correct mechanicals, motor and tracks for inside the door, but would be open to buying a complete setup to be sure.
> Power trunk release button (goes in glovebox). I have the trunk release mechanism.
> Cruise Control switch. I think I have the cruise mechanicals, but would be open to buying a complete setup to be sure.
> Weatherstrip for a factory sunroof.
> Spare tire cover. This is original to the car and had a stiff top disc, probably cardboard, with felt sides.

For possible barter:
> 1974 power window door panels with switches, saddle (tan).
> Two dome lamps with the map lights, one in excellent condition. The other is good, but the plastic lens cover is kind of yellowed.
dkinzl1
dkinzl1
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

1973 Grand Am Parts Needed Empty Re: 1973 Grand Am Parts Needed

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:35 pm

Welcome to the Forum dkinzl1. There is an Introductions section if you want to mention more about your history with the car and G3 GM cars in general.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Yesterday at 11:19 pm

Welcome to the group! I've got a 75 Grand Am with the factory Skyroof. I got my weatherstrip for it from Phil Kmett at Montemania.com.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down