G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need some encouragement with my 73 Laguana

4 posters

Go down

I need some encouragement with my 73 Laguana Empty I need some encouragement with my 73 Laguana

Post by lagunaman Yesterday at 10:18 pm

I have been a member here and posted a few times . I just recently lost my wife to cancer of 44 years I am 66 and decided to retire from working as a head mechanic on school buses.During the first few years of our marriage I bought a 73 2 door Laguna that was a muscle car with the bucket seats and a 4 bolt 350 4 barrel with factory everything off the original owner in 1979 . I drove the car up until 1991 and parked the car until the last 10 years was always under cover . Well you know the story kept it outside under a tarp .In 2002 I had the vinyl top replaced and that has caused the most problems .This last summer after losing my wife I decided I needed to get it ready to drive . This was her's car for a long time . Any way the time has ruined it . Its fixable but I need some encouragement from you members I am in Washington state and its does need some rust repair as well as some interior repairs and parts . The other choice is to sell it and I am having a hard time with that since owning it for so long and the fact is it's as close to a muscle car I will get and I loved driving it and thinking of all the trips my wife and I took in it . My daughters want me to keep it and they enjoyed listening to the factory dual exhaust and the 4 barrel kick in . So sorry so long so I need your thoughts or ideas ? Thanks for reading

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

I need some encouragement with my 73 Laguana Empty Re: I need some encouragement with my 73 Laguana

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Yesterday at 10:32 pm

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife but I'm glad your kids are supportive. I think most people have hit that point where a car needs to be renovated and you have to decide whether to sell the car or go all in to get it back in shape. The latter way is emotionally rewarding but also hard on time and the wallet.

I think the best thing to do first is put together a catalog of all the parts you need whether mechanical or body and post in the Wanted section so people will know what you need. I also strongly recommend you acquire all the Service and Parts manuals for your car because otherwise there will be a lot of miscommunication and you will end up with the wrong parts.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

I need some encouragement with my 73 Laguana Empty Re: I need some encouragement with my 73 Laguana

Post by Limey SE Today at 12:31 am

Lagunaman I am truly sorry for the loss of your Wife my friend ... And I am very glad you have your kids to encourage you and be there for you during this time. You will have so much Enjoyment getting this Back on the road If not for yourself for your Wife ...

Don't give up on it, Like 2tone said Make a list of what's needed go out one day at time and work on it and start checking things Off day by day and before you Know you and your wife will be cruising together again if only in Spirit, she will be by your side my friend I believe that in my heart

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Today at 9:51 am

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your wife. I've been married 35 years and couldn't image how difficult things would be if my better half was not here. Every day is a gift and I do my best to treat it that way. I agree with Limey and 76Chevelle2Tone. Keep your car and restore it the best you can based on your time and resources. And while working on it, focus on how your wife would feel about what you're doing. I'm pretty sure she'd be smiling. Post pics of your car and the areas that need attention so others can make suggestions on repairs/restoration. Many of us members have lots of parts that could help you get your car back to its former glory. God speed my friend.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down