G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things are looking up

2 posters

Go down

Things are looking up Empty Things are looking up

Post by 77camino Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:40 pm

I bought my current El Camino 23 years ago and it is still in basically the exact same condition as the day I bought it. Over the years I have taken it to many local car shows. Over this time I have came to accept that mine is not the chosen one. Who doesn’t love a 70 SS with a LS6 or even a 87 Choo Choo custom SS(I also own a 86 Monte SS) I have sat through many shows with hardly anyone that stopped and looked at my car. But that was ok, I bought it to replace my high school car that I absolutely loved and regretted selling shortly after selling it. Fast forward to last week, I went to a show and could barely even leave my car because of the amount of people that wanted to stop and talk. After all that attention I decided to do another show on Saturday. I lined up early and as luck would have it I got mixed in with the local chevelle club. I thought to myself this is not good, I will be that odd one out again. The chevelle club members could not have been nicer and even invited me into their club. After a great day with over 350 entries it was time for awards. I attended the ceremony just to show my appreciation to everyone. To my surprise I was awarded the plaque for the 70’s. Now I do believe there were probably nicer 1970’s cars there but the judges must have seen something that they liked. Hopefully this is a trend up for our beloved generation
Things are looking up Img_4111
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

73 ss wgn, 76Chevelle2Tone and jpowen49 like this post

Back to top Go down

Things are looking up Empty Re: Things are looking up

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:08 pm

Congratulations on your win and long term relationship. So I think yes the 70s models are getting noticed as they are the oldest cars still somewhat on the road. If I had a 1969 Chevelle SS how could I go shopping or dining with her as someone would five finger discount her? Belle gets lots of praise too and aggressive would be buyers at least in the last 5 years. I have to club her now which I never did before so it's a mixed blessing. Before then she couldn't even get stolen in NJ. Very Happy But no prizes alas because she is a daily driver. I think she wants to be put on a pedestal. Wait til next year I tell her.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum