G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have posted on here for info and help

2 posters

Go down

I have posted on here for info and help Empty I have posted on here for info and help

Post by lagunaman Yesterday at 12:39 am

Well I recently lost my wife of 46 years and retired as the heed mechanic for a school dist. I have a 73 Laguana a few months after we were married I was my wifes car . The car gas sat outside the last 8 years and rftreid keep i in good shape by father time won So covered her up and now she needs lots of work. The body to took a beaing , So I am starting to bring her I am by myself for the work. I am hopings some one or somehody might kelp me please helpme and me maybe they can learn something Ian pop for pizza and beer.and should be close to Certalia Wasington. Might learn thing or two by wonking on this , First thing get running which means clean the fuel tanh so we can nove the care so look me and hop I find someone who loves thise cars I need help here thanjs fo reading

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

I have posted on here for info and help Empty Re: I have posted on here for info and help

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Yesterday at 12:58 pm

I would double check whether the tank has any wet areas on the outside given its history. How old is it? I will say again that you need to get the Chevy service manuals for both mechanical and body repair and replacement. Much of the info that you are asking for is already written down.

If you can't physically do something by yourself then can you find a local mechanic and/ or body shop worker willing to freelance to help you on specific tasks? I doubt that there is another collector nearby who can be a constant help, as it is clear that there are numerous things that need repair, not just one thing. There are videos on the net that often can give you a good idea what needs to be done in conjunction with the manuals. Also if you search this Forum using the Search box at upper right there are often some threads that would be helpful.

PS It sounds like your car might be a candidate for a frame off or at least partial dis-assembly. These scattered rust issues are hard to address otherwise. If it were just one location you can deal with it but multiple areas indicates there is likely to be hidden rust.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down