G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vinyl top removal

2 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

vinyl  top removal Empty vinyl top removal

Post by lagunaman Yesterday at 12:12 am

I had a new top installed about 15 years ago on Laguana Now I am paying the price there is some smali rust areas some with pencil size holes . I need to take the top off and need some advice Should I remove all the galss ? What would be the best way to scrape it off

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

vinyl  top removal Empty Re: vinyl top removal

Post by jpowen49 Yesterday at 6:34 am

lagunaman, a good many years before 2002 I removed my vinyl top by trimming around the windshield trim and roof rail with a box cutter. After ripping the vinyl off the top was covered with surface rust. I used a wire wheel on a 4" grinder to remove the rust , I painted the roof with a heave textured paint just to get by ( looked like s##t ). In 2002 I parked the car , gutted the interior and removed all the glass and put it on jack stands. It sat there until 2020 when I finally decided to get it back on the road.
  When you had the top replaced did they remove the window trim and roof rail? Are you going to replace the vinyl top or delete it ?vinyl  top removal 100_3314
jpowen49
jpowen49
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down