G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8track mania

3 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Audio

Go down

8track mania Empty 8track mania

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:07 pm

Got my 8 track player re-calibrated by Barrys 8 track in AZ. It needed a new belt and a couple small parts I couldn't find myself. The player is an aftermarket Audiovox FM radio/8 track I got when the Chevelle was being reupholstered in the early 90s rather than a Delco. The car only had an AM radio at the time and I asked if they had an FM? They looked in their storeroom and came up with this NOS player which fit without mods. I hadn't used the player in many years but decided since I'm renovating the car  to fire it up again.

The few old 8 tracks I had were beat up so I tossed them and bought a dozen still sealed 8 tracks. When looking for a title double check how many songs if any have breaks in them. I didn't get any with more than one song break.These were sent to Jon's 8 Track Avenue in Oregon for renewal of the pad and sensing foil. These dry out and break or catch even for NOS tapes. I investigated doing this myself but the cost of the materials and tools requires about 25 tapes to break even so I just let Jon do it for the dozen I had.
The first one I tried out on my errand run was Best of Jethro Tull. Man it was great to be back in 1980.

Here they are in all their 8 track splendor! Anyone else have a working 8 track player in the car??

8track mania 8track10
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

8track mania Empty Re: 8track mania

Post by zucchi Yesterday at 7:45 am

76Chevelle2Tone wrote:Anyone else have a working 8 track player in the car??
I do in both my cars. Plus, I have an 8-track recorder so I can compile any mix-tape I want. And, as with everything else, I do all repair/refurbish work myself.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Yesterday at 10:21 am

Yep, still have the factory original Delco AM/FM/8-track in the Monte in perfect working condition. Must have 50-60 tapes. I still remember the cool factor in finally having the ability to listen to recorded music in your car.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 78

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Yesterday at 1:17 pm

zucchi wrote:
76Chevelle2Tone wrote:Anyone else have a working 8 track player in the car??
I do in both my cars. Plus, I have an 8-track recorder so I can compile any mix-tape I want. And, as with everything else, I do all repair/refurbish work myself.

Do you have a Delco radio? Dealing with an Audiovox was hard to find any info/parts. Even the few beat up ones were the cassette model.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down