G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement

+16
76Chevelle2Tone
zucchi
bucket
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Limey SE
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
ant7377
73ss
Joe73
bigredlaguna
thatfnthing
Mcarlo77
77camino
fasrnur
Zaptiah
S3SS
20 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 Empty Re: Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:56 pm

bracketchev1221 wrote:Was his motor an oval port head motor too?  I thought you had the 781 heads on yours.  

Yes his was Oval he was running it on also why I didn't think much of it

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 Empty Re: Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement

Post by bracketchev1221 Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 pm

They’ll be fine then. I think the victor jr type eliminates the bolt between the intake runners. I want to use a rectangle port victor jr on my 496.
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun May 12, 2024 11:39 pm

Yay Accomplished what I wanted and flexplate is being delivered tonight after the wrong one got sent and then had to argue with them that is was Used I said any Dumbass knows you dont put Washers on a Flex plate for any reason so yea It was a Used SO CALLED BRAND NEW One UHHHH NOPPPEEE

Have New flex plate now was delivered tonight and double-checked fitment before they left NOW RAIN FOR TWO DAYS shitttttt... Well any ways I got some stuff outta the way Only thing left is top dead center again since swapped Manifolds and Install fresh intake gaskets and seal her up for GOOD

Ran out of daylight for spark plug installment that's why wires just sitting there

Headers and gaskets on
Water pump on
Next is intake gaskets
Flexplate next
Then reinstall transmission progress is progress right ?

Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44044110
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44048410
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44146410
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 43925910
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44017310
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44153610
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 43626010
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 43767311

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Mon May 13, 2024 8:37 am

Did you used the Nord-Lock Wedge-Locking washers on your header bolts?
Speaking for myself, constantly retightening my header bolts every couple months got old faster than organic non-GMO fruit. In the years since I went with the wedge-locking washers, I haven't needed to retighten my header or collector bolts.

I see you have a vacuum canister. Will you be using that to supplement just your brake booster or will it also supply vacuum to your AC and cruise control?
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon May 13, 2024 7:43 pm

zucchi wrote:Did you used the Nord-Lock Wedge-Locking washers on your header bolts?
Speaking for myself, constantly retightening my header bolts every couple months got old faster than organic non-GMO fruit. In the years since I went with the wedge-locking washers, I haven't needed to retighten my header or collector bolts.

I see you have a vacuum canister. Will you be using that to supplement just your brake booster or will it also supply vacuum to your AC and cruise control?

Yes on locking header bolts I hate retighten retighten retightening there the summit branded Locking bolts

Vaccuum canister is to Supplement my brake booster for my cam is on the edge for needing one, so just bit the bullet was 20 Bucks shipped from a FB friend so figured cheap stopping insurance NO AC NO CRUISE

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Tue May 14, 2024 8:13 am

Limey SE wrote:NO CRUISE
I see the transducer in the photo. Do you ever intend on putting the system back into service?
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue May 14, 2024 9:31 pm

zucchi wrote:
I see the transducer in the photo. Do you ever intend on putting the system back into service?

nope and being pulled just heat motor and smile is all I need LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Wed May 15, 2024 8:21 am

Limey SE wrote:
zucchi wrote:

nope and being pulled  just heat motor and smile is all I need LOL
Do you still have the servo, its bracket, and throttle cable too? Of so, would you consider parting with those parts?
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed May 15, 2024 10:48 am

zucchi wrote:
Limey SE wrote:
zucchi wrote:

Do you still have the servo, its bracket, and throttle cable too? Of so, would you consider parting with those parts?

give me a Buzz when avaialble and will sna; some pics and shoot them back to ya and yes I would part with it

Anthony 815 297 4437

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Wed May 15, 2024 11:08 am

Limey SE wrote:
zucchi wrote:
Limey SE wrote:
zucchi wrote:

give me a Buzz when avaialble and will sna; some pics and shoot them back to ya and yes I would part with it

Anthony 815 297 4437
Message sent.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu May 16, 2024 12:56 pm

X pipe Ordered yay (marketplace score) cheap and never used Pypes

Mufflers ordered even more Yay Holley dot com for Mufflers $37.76 each x 2 and there welded (will see about the quality) + Free shipping even more and more YAYYYYYYYYYY

Holley owns FlowMonster and Flow master and flowtech and just about all other pipe makers LOL so prob an Off branded Flowmaster but welded for under 38 bucks Its a win for Rusty.

Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44196110Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44238710Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44085010

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue May 28, 2024 11:21 pm

waiting for rain / bad weather to give me more than 3 hours to work on Rusty...everytime I say gonna work on the SE it starts clouding up and raining come inside sun shines 5 minutes later played that game all memorial weekend running from tornado's and all LOL

Anyway test fitting what I have so far and looks like its gonna work great

Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44448010
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44448910

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:54 pm

Well after 6 years searching and searching and yet more searching I now have 15x10 Turbines direct drilled 4.75 ( small chevrolet ) to match my 8.5" originals I am beyond being Stokkkkedddd as all get out
275/50/15 10" wide rears and moved the 255/60/15 8.5" to the front I am very happy with them

I am grounded till Next week from wrenching hard on it I was Mounting the New Flex plate and went to move the transmission up to mount it and the strap broke holding it on the floor jack (have the extendable arm on the jack) so strapped it and as soon as I moved it snapped and slid off jack onto my sternum so been sore but hopefully by Monday I will start to feel better (this happened May27th)  So Hopefully By monday feeling better .......

Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44189110
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44767810
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44786710Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44767410
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44808610
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 44767411

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:02 pm

Not stock for 1977 But I am sure glad I didn't sell these 73 Laguna upper door panel they were to nice so ended up using them.
I have to paint the other side lower when paint gets here but Holy Smokes they look good on there and have a spot for my phone and the Lines on them will match the Grand Prix seats

Also scored some free to me Never used carpet hopefully will work for me as it's from a 65 GTO I would think it would as it's a wide car also ....I am only out maybe 10 bucks if not for shipping so will see tomorrow when I empty interior out

Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 20240615
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 20240616
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 20240617
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 20240618
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 20240619
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 Messen11

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:07 pm

Have to get the darn Dakota Dash wired up before I can fire 454 up for break in arrrgg everything runs thru the Dakota module

Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 Img_2050

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:50 pm

More work on SE today WHAT DO YOU DO WITH free carpet from a 65 GTO why you install in your 1977 Chevelle SE of course LOL ..... NOW Onto the floors now I know it fits cut the old out and put new in maybe by Monday have that done if rain holds off anyways.
Put other door panel on also (yeah I know I have to paint it yet but tired of looking at it without one FIRST FIME SINCE 1984 IT HAS HAD ONE ON THERE.
It finally is starting to resemble a car again instead of a storage bin LOL.
While I have interior out for floors will pull the rotten head liner down also THANK YOU Dave Ponczkowski  for the Carpet

Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 Messen14
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 Messen15
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 20240626
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 20240624
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 20240625
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 20240628
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 20240627
Rusty's progress Carpet Chevk now onto floor replacement   - Page 12 20240629

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12