G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What color and what kind of paint for package tray moulding ?

2 posters

Go down

What color and what kind of paint for package tray moulding ? Empty What color and what kind of paint for package tray moulding ?

Post by lagunaman Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:45 am

On my 73 the molding under the rear window . I think it is part of the body . Any way over time it has started to rust . I have a white interior and wondered if anybody has painted this ? if so how did you paint it ? Brush , air ? Also what brand of paint was used ? Thanks

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

What color and what kind of paint for package tray moulding ? Empty Re: What color and what kind of paint for package tray moulding ?

Post by Joe73 Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:06 am

Yes, that piece at the rear of the package tray at the bottom of the glass is metal and part of the body.

Your color for 73 is actually called "neutral".  No white interior for 73.

Just last October I took my roof mounted seat belt plastic, since it wouldnt be faded by direct sun, to home depot and found and exact match.  It is Krylon 7770 Almond.  Comes in a spray can.  Way easier than having the auto body supply matching and mixing a color for such a small area.  Since I dustless blasted my car to bare metal, I just epoxied the area and sprayed this on.  Came out perfect.

What color and what kind of paint for package tray moulding ? Neutra10
What color and what kind of paint for package tray moulding ? Neutra11
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down