G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dash light not lighting

2 posters

Go down

Dash light not lighting Empty Dash light not lighting

Post by ant7377 Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:03 pm

Any of you guys ever have the dash turn signal indicators stop working? Both aren't working on the dash they blink fine outside but no little green light also the dash lights on the left do not illuminate. I replaced the bulbs with correct 168 bulbs still nothing.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Dash light not lighting Empty Re: Dash light not lighting

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:03 pm

Did they all go out at the same time? I know those cheap-A$$ sockets can be finicky after all these years...but, seems odd that at least one didn't come back to life when replacing the bulbs just from wiggling them if that was the problem. I've got one blinker bulb on the 'Guna that goes out...I remove the bezel and wiggle it and voila, it comes back on...only to go out again later. Just haven't been ambitious enough to remove the cluster and replace the socket.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:32 pm

The right side one started working the left do sent and the little pod with the oil and temp doesn't either. I'm going to mess with it more tonight. I hope it's not that printed circut in back of the gauges. Looks like a pain in the A$$ to get out
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:32 pm

Willing to bet it's the light sockets giving you problems and not the flex circuit. With your key ON, wiggle the new bulbs you installed and see if they don't light. If so, you'll probably want to replace the sockets and that will require you to remove the cluster to access them.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:20 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Did they all go out at the same time?  I know those cheap-A$$ sockets can be finicky after all these years...but, seems odd that at least one didn't come back to life when replacing the bulbs just from wiggling them if that was the problem.  I've got one blinker bulb on the 'Guna that goes out...I remove the bezel and wiggle it and voila, it comes back on...only to go out again later.  Just haven't been ambitious enough to remove the cluster and replace the socket.

Happy to report that it was indeed those sockets!. I scraped at them a little and bent them in a little and they started working! Surprised Very Happy
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:20 pm

Thank you sir!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict