G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help figuring out electrical issues!

+8
77mali
ant7377
Mcarlo77
Tom77
Dubie
Brainstain
bigredlaguna
thatfnthing
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Need help figuring out electrical issues! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need help figuring out electrical issues!

Post by pila Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:32 pm

If one lamp is out, the flasher unit doesn't get enough current to make the bi-metal contact work in the flasher unit. Replacing the lamp will likely solve the problem.
When you need to replace a lamp (bulb) it's a good idea the pack some grease in the socket, like silicone grease (Dow-Corning DC-4 for example) to leave no space for water to get into the socket.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Need help figuring out electrical issues! - Page 2 Empty Re: Need help figuring out electrical issues!

Post by Bruisr Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:42 pm

I never thought to do that, would have saved me numerous socket changes. Thanks!
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by texan01 Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:08 am

74chevelle wrote:I never thought to do that, would have saved me numerous socket changes. Thanks!

Also makes bulbs less likely to break when you change them out.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2