G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tired of moving things over and over again

+17
dynchel
1973 454 MONTE
2fat2fly
Limey SE
Landonus
JiMi_DRiX
74MonteCarlo
pila
Joe73
JB2wheeler
jerry46765
BlackChevelleSS
ant7377
Mcarlo77
BicknellWelding
74Malibu383
Jim_Rockford
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

tired of moving things over and over again - Page 4 Empty Re: tired of moving things over and over again

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:29 pm

Landonus wrote:
JiMi_DRiX wrote:
Landonus wrote:Should get a big one of the Monte crest! That would be sweet.

I have a big decal of the crest, for at least 8 years I've had it, and still dont know where to put it, lol.

On your back glass! Lol.

Very Happy my back window is etched. Very Happy
tired of moving things over and over again - Page 4 Back_g10
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

tired of moving things over and over again - Page 4 Empty Re: tired of moving things over and over again

Post by Landonus Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Hahah, niice!
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 pm

so im starting to hang things from the ceiling...
tired of moving things over and over again - Page 4 Topper10
tired of moving things over and over again - Page 4 Topper11
tired of moving things over and over again - Page 4 Topper12

I have the "cant get rid of it" Disease
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Hey Chris, I have a 25 To 30 foot Corona sign in plastic if you want it ......like a banner type material
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:23 pm

up to you bro.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:30 pm

If you want it you can have it no room here obviously where I have moved to LOL anyways will drop out to you asap I have no need for it
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:47 pm

this is what it is Chris .... goes from front of garage to back on side .....

tired of moving things over and over again - Page 4 Cb801a25
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Limey SE wrote:If you want it you can have it no room here obviously where I have moved to LOL anyways will drop out to you asap I have no need for it

send it with any monte stuff you have in your way to. Wink if you need monies for anything let me know.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Nah you helped me with the schtuff I needed its cool I will put the monte stuff I have left over with it no worries buddy.

Unless you fell like feeding my 12 pack thirsts LOL
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 2fat2fly Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:47 pm

Landonus wrote:
JiMi_DRiX wrote:
Landonus wrote:Should get a big one of the Monte crest! That would be sweet.

I have a big decal of the crest, for at least 8 years I've had it, and still dont know where to put it, lol.

On your back glass! Lol.

Sorry man I just don't get it, if they don't have a clue as to what it is your driving then let them wonder, and why would you want to f@#k up a nice ride by putting more than you need, sorry !, for me keep it simple and clean, by the way LOL cause it's just an opinion and you know what they say, opinions are like as@holes everybody has one, nice ride anyways !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Must agree with you 2fat2fly, why why why? That's why cars come with emblems for those who don't know what it is they can read. Oh my opinion also.
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:53 am

He did not do the window. He got it from a guy.

BTW----it can be changed at any time. Just sayin.

1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:28 am

next thing im gonna do is paint it Pu$sY blue and put a PiNk engine in it.

Oh and btw,it would take me an hour to switch the back window. but those god awful stripes does not make it go faster.

just my opinion........right? tired of moving things over and over again - Page 4 Icon_f13 but none of your extras was factory either....
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Just my opinion but I wouldn't change a damn thing on that Monte
Wink
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:28 pm

Wow. I didn't say I didn't like the car. In fact in a previous post I complimented it and the corvette rims, I like the car alot. Furthermore I didn't bring up the etching or stickers in back windows, I just agreed with someone who did. Sidenote also, I have never claimed my car to be fast, especially cause it has stripes! Sorry you think they are aweful, I like them (my opinion) and I was not going for a stock or original look.
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:19 pm

I personally like the 70/72 style racing stripes. I even painted them on my'74 chevelle. In fact i also like the window decal. It really is just personal opinion when it comes to what someone adds or changes on their car.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973montec Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 pm

chris and i sat down for lunch today and this was conversation. we are always talking about spouses and kids,but today was different.

chris put that window in his car to be different,not to ad another emblem. i think the window is kewl and he gets all kinds of thumbs up. a couple years ago he was at a show and the original owner of the window (was in a 75 monte) came up to him and they shared stories about it. it was a kodak moment. lol

as for the stripes to make it faster,it was a joke and a comment. back in the day he wanted to put GS hood scoops on his monte,and have ghost stripes going from the grills to the windsheild. one of the plans that went to the waste side.

its all in the way we want to express ourself and our cars. sometimes the cars express us more than we ourselfs think. let it be known that he took it as he was an a$$ hole for putting another emblem on it.thats NOT how he intended it to be. but to have someone agree,that just sucked.

yes the wheels set the car off,you dont see it everyday. but atleast they are not 26s. i am a big GM freek and i like them all no matter how the original it is to the extreme it coould be.

BTW-racing stripes GoFast rule................
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Yeah but the comment about my stripes being god awful really? I didn't slam his car at all. Speed, fake, stripes, no stripes I just agreed with someone else. Don't forget that! Sorry I hurt your fu$%*n feelings and you felt the need to take it out on me. Paint your car rut roh pink with a smurf blue engine I don't care, just put corvette rims on it again and I'm sure I'll like it to! And I'll post that I do. For now Rally Stripes Rule!!!
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:01 am

Sometimes it's difficult to gauge someones "intent" when reading a post & it's been a "bit" tense around here lately...to say the least & I think that's making matters worse.

If we would all just make a conscious effort not to 'come across' like we're bad-mouthing another members ride- then problem solved. I'm not saying it was anyone's intent to do so here- but we're all opinionated in some way with out likes & dislikes about cars & sometimes it's better to refrain from posting those. I would think everyone here would appreciate that small courtesy.

We all put a lot of work into repairing, restoring & customizing, not to mention time, money, blood, sweat, tears, etc. Everyone that has committed to this hobby and moreover, to our little community here have much to offer each other. We should show one another the respect we all deserve by taking a minute to think about what we post up is all.

$0.02

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:35 am

i agree its had to gauge someones intent usually and sometimes if your having a bad day it comes off even worse. myself i like to see everyones choices ideas ect on their car it mayor maynot work or be ideal for me but hey i dont own the car and thats that. awhile back a member got ragged on for him and his boys being on his car. tome it was bs its his car he was bonding with his kids and enjoying his car the wayhe seen fit and it was good (for me at least) to see a car used like they were in the 80s butthats my .02
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4