G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chassis Saver

+2
driveit
pila
6 posters

Go down

Chassis Saver  - Page 2 Empty Re: Chassis Saver

Post by Joe73 Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:41 am

If your car will be driven and not trailered, I'd go with an epoxy topcoat as well. It would be the most durable and easily repairable unlike powdercoating.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:22 pm

I am going to use Eastwood's Chassis Black paint. It is expensive, but works real well to stop rust from forming. I used the silver version on a chain link fence that was starting to rust and have had no rust problems since. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks guys! I wanted to get the Eastwood stuff but didnt think I had time to ship it so I bought a gallon of aic enamel from sherwin williams for the top coat. It should hold up good since the car will only be driven in the summer & the stuff is used for tractors & other equipment.

Chassis Saver  - Page 2 20130710
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by ratnfested Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:21 pm

I like Chassis saver. I used it on the wife's Nova. I might use it on the bu unless I see something nicer. I like the frame pics above that looks great. Might go that route.

Chassis Saver  - Page 2 Lindas%20Nova%20Project%202010%20078
ratnfested
ratnfested
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Summit chassis.saver is.real.good as.well. did my new.frame.with their.epoxy.primer.and then epoxy topcoat. Works.good. btw. I got an email today that eastwood is offering a buy one get one free today on most orders. Just fyi.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:43 am

The bottom of that Nova looks great. Since I already have it, I'm going to apply Zerorust to the bottom of my car then use the left over frame paint as a top coat. I just need to figure out how I am going to position the body to be able to paint it since I don't have body hoist.

(update to this thread, my painted frame can be found here: https://www.g3gm.com/t7483-painted-my-frame)
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down