G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One more monte out of comission Video included

+10
74chick
74Malibu383
Malicruiser
JB2wheeler
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
laguna454/4spd
74MonteCarlo
McCauley5983
IndyG3
1973montec
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

One more monte out of comission Video included  Empty One more monte out of comission Video included

Post by Limey SE Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:07 pm

sad to see the car in this kinda shape but if that would have been a new car he probally would have died..................

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=13179205

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 98

Back to top Go down

One more monte out of comission Video included  Empty Re: One more monte out of comission Video included

Post by 77malibu77 Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Sad
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

One more monte out of comission Video included  Empty Re: One more monte out of comission Video included

Post by 1973montec Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:30 pm

72 monte carlo .

Sad
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Limey wrote:....if that would have been a new car he probably would have died...
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Watch this and then tell me how save you feel in your classic car now. pale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPF4fBGNK0U&feature=related

Last edited by Malicruiser on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:06 pm

If I got into an accident that totalled my car that badly, I wouldn't want to live anyway. Laughing
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:21 pm

IndyG3 wrote:If I got into an accident that totalled my car that badly, I wouldn't want to live anyway. Laughing
Yeah but I bet if your family rides with you that this is going to make you think twice about how safe your car really is.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Ouch...

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:39 pm

Malicruiser wrote:
Limey wrote:....if that would have been a new car he probably would have died...
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Watch this and then tell me how save you feel in your classic car now. pale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPF4fBGNK0U&feature=related
You will NEVER convince me that the 59 was not cut in strategic spots to make it collapse like thatI have seen that same, or simnular, model in many bad wreaks and they never folded up like that. Now, I will admit if you have an old car like that and you dont have seat belts, you can be in a bad situation in a bad wreak. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:44 pm

that I will never believe to be true that the bel air folds like that NO WAY it was rigged for sure

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:06 pm

as too how safe our cars really are the government controls those test facilities and they purposely weaken the structure of the car to make them fold up like that. propaganda to make new cars look safer. just like smog b.s.
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:23 pm

billy-ray wrote:as too how safe our cars really are the government controls those test facilities and they purposely weaken the structure of the car to make them fold up like that. propaganda to make new cars look safer. just like smog b.s.

couldnt have said it better myself
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:24 pm

I still have the smog stuff on my Monte. I could never bring myself to take it off though...

Even though I might get a HP boost...

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna454/4spd Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:30 am

well can i throw this in my side hurts from laughing my a$$ off One more monte out of comission Video included  Cd_hea10
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna454/4spd Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:31 am

sorry guys it didnt work
laguna454/4spd
laguna454/4spd
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:43 am

billy-ray wrote:as too how safe our cars really are the government controls those test facilities and they purposely weaken the structure of the car to make them fold up like that. propaganda to make new cars look safer. just like smog b.s.
Sigh..... Once again, I wouldn't be too sure about that. This isn't a government run lab test, this was just a couple of guys out for a cruise.
One more monte out of comission Video included  Large_10
One more monte out of comission Video included  Large_11
And this guy hit late 90's malibu, those things aren't much bigger than a Honda Accord! By the way the two passengers in the Chevelle died on impact! While the women in the malibu broke her wrist and and had whip-lash.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:52 am

Either way, both of these have decided for me that I'm putting in a neatly tucked rollcage in mine from bumper to bumper!
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:37 am

First, in that wreak the older car got hit broadside in the driver's door whereas the newer car got hit head on where the air bags helped to protect the occupants. Also the older car apparently had rusted chassis/body bolts and bolt holes, not an uncommon occurance. As for a roll bar, if not done right and if occupants are not belted down right, they can be a danger in themselves if your head is thrown into the bar. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:28 am

BS! Look exactly 1 minute into the video & tell me what is MISSING from the Bel Air's fender. Common sense tells you that a full frame & real steel is going to hold up better than plastic on a uni-body.

Consumer Reports have been known to exaggerate testing to suit their liking. The best example I can think of it the Suzuki Samurai roll over testing. Total lies & BS! It's propaganda like this that gets the sheep herded in one direction just like the horrible Pitbull misconceptions & lies. I've owned several of them without any problems. Damn people like Ralph Nader that makes this stuff happen.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:46 pm

You are right about one thing, the person who owned the black chevelle reused some of the original body mount hardware which obviously failed on him when he wrecked. But either way you look at it most classics that are on the road are still using the originally body mount hardware and that even if your car isn't, unless you've done a complete frame up restoration your still very likely to have something just as bad happen to you if you have a highway speed accident. I'm not saying to stop driving classics, nor will I ever say something so ridiculous. I'm merely say that if you are planning on restoring or even just adding some power to your car, that there's not much harm in adding a little more bracing to the frame and fix a few safety issues while your at it.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:39 pm

check out this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unz3tznUNHc
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:01 pm

wow thats a no win situation for knight rider there wow

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Someone must have thought that the Dukes of Hazzard was a documentary.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:57 pm

I have been thinking about adding driveshaft loops near each end of the driveshaft and make them strong enough and removeable to strengthen the chassis. Trouble is there is not very much room under there. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 74chick Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:28 am

Ok, so there are risks in everything we do in life. My friend has a '59 caddy. They have x frames in them And would likly do just that in a crash. In the cace of the chevelle, the combined speed may have been able to take the body off a newer pickup just as good as the a-body. With out a test for that we may never know.
Will this make me stop driveing mine? He!! no, but I may look more in to new body mounts. Wink
74chick
74chick
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:02 am

74chick wrote:Ok, so there are risks in everything we do in life. My friend has a '59 caddy. They have x frames in them And would likly do just that in a crash. In the cace of the chevelle, the combined speed may have been able to take the body off a newer pickup just as good as the a-body. With out a test for that we may never know.
Will this make me stop driveing mine? He!! no, but I may look more in to new body mounts. Wink
Thank you 74chick, couldn't have said it better myself.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next