G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks for making my car ride of the week

5 posters

Go down

Thanks for making my car ride of the week Empty Thanks for making my car ride of the week

Post by draggingto Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:26 am

Sorry i didnt get on and post sooner, Been really busy with work and trying to get all the cars out and ready for the season.
This is actually my fathers car, but he never gets on the internet much, so i will speak for the car. This car was bought brand new in 1974 at superior pontiac in flint by my grandfather, it was driven for a couple months by my grandma and then given to my dad as a 16th birthday present, he even took his drivers test in this car, so needless to say it has been in my family its entire life. It has right around 50,000 miles on it, The paint is still all orginal and was driven by my dad thru his years in the airforce and other things, i was actually brought home from the hospital in this car in 1982 when it had crager SS wheels on it that stuck out the rear like 4 inches LOL. It sat in the garage dormant for a number of years while my dad went threw his corvette phase, then around 1995 it came back out with a new power plant and its been threw a couple more setups since then, always progressing faster and faster. It current setup is a Indian adventure IA2 block that has been massaged to 543ci, it has edelbrock heads with titanium valves, shaft rockers and all the other good parts, a supervictor intake with a king demon carb, BME alum rods, J.E custom pistons 14:5:1 comp, I cant remember the cam specs of the top of my head but they are pretty radical, NOS big shot 2 stage setup. big hooker headers and a custom full 4 inch exhaust all jet hot coated. Its a t350 and has a custom 9 inch in it. It is all stock suspension full interior and weights a little over 4200lbs.

Heres a action shot of the car, and a couple others including one at the woodward dream cruise.

Thanks for making my car ride of the week GrandBend
Thanks for making my car ride of the week 100_0346

Thanks for making my car ride of the week 100_0349

Thanks for making my car ride of the week 100_0357
draggingto
draggingto
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Thanks for making my car ride of the week Empty Re: Thanks for making my car ride of the week

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:21 am

Welcome! You live in Brooklyn I see...my grandparents live in Onsted. Do you know Harold's Place?

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Thanks for making my car ride of the week Empty Re: Thanks for making my car ride of the week

Post by draggingto Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:51 am

74MonteCarlo wrote:Welcome! You live in Brooklyn I see...my grandparents live in Onsted. Do you know Harold's Place?

I lived in onsted for most of my life, went to high school there and everything. Yeah i know harolds place, ive eaten there many times, they have great breakfast LOL. i live about 4 mile from there.
draggingto
draggingto
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:55 pm

That's a really nice ride! I'm especially impressed with the original paint job still looking that good. So what's it typically run in the 1/4?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:40 pm

draggingto wrote:
74MonteCarlo wrote:Welcome! You live in Brooklyn I see...my grandparents live in Onsted. Do you know Harold's Place?

I lived in onsted for most of my life, went to high school there and everything. Yeah i know harolds place, ive eaten there many times, they have great breakfast LOL. i live about 4 mile from there.

My grandparents own it.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Rago wrote:That's a really nice ride! I'm especially impressed with the original paint job still looking that good. So what's it typically run in the 1/4?

x2! Do tell.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by draggingto Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:44 am

Rago wrote:That's a really nice ride! I'm especially impressed with the original paint job still looking that good. So what's it typically run in the 1/4?

Yeah the paint does still look really good, He is meticulous when it comes to keeping things clean, almost to the point where it becomes rediculous and he's always been that way LOL. With the setup that is in the car now it runs low 10's on motor and high 8's on the bottle, and that's just how you see it, dot approved tires, full exhuast and a little over 4200 lbs.
draggingto
draggingto
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:46 am

Amazing! Is that in the 1/4 mile or the 1/8th mile? Thats hauling a$$. Lot of good stuff under that hood. ...and GM shut down Pontiac. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by draggingto Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:03 am

JB2wheeler wrote:Amazing! Is that in the 1/4 mile or the 1/8th mile? Thats hauling a$$. Lot of good stuff under that hood. ...and GM shut down Pontiac. JB

That is in the 1/4, yeah there is ALOT of good parts and money under there, its not easy to get a real pontiac motor to turn those types of numbers. Would have been way cheaper to run a BBC but theres no way that was gonna happen!!! LOL
draggingto
draggingto
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down