G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide

+2
76Chevelle2Tone
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
6 posters

Go down

Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide Empty Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:27 am

Looks like a couple of our cars made the list!

https://www.hagerty.com/media/market-trends/hagerty-insider/9-big-winners-from-the-big-three-in-the-latest-price-guide/?dtm_em=a2882ddef49dbd17d42878b67130780b1a504116fbe68c30ae5d97e8803bc99d&hashed_email=a2882ddef49dbd17d42878b67130780b1a504116fbe68c30ae5d97e8803bc99d
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide Empty Re: Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:31 pm

I mentioned before that I started to get an upsurge in comments about my car in 2018-19 which tracks well with this comment in Hagerty:

Introduced after the golden age of muscle was already over, the first-gen Grand Am is like many ’70s American cars in that it isn’t very expensive and its prices historically haven’t moved much. They started getting pricier in 2020, however, and have started the year with a 16 percent gain on average.

However rapidly increasing prices for a model are a double edged sword too. I would be nervous if 76 Malibu Classic sedans became all the rage for collectors. Protect your cars.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide Empty Re: Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:18 am

The picture of the Grand Am looks exactly like the car my cousin had. She used to take me to school in that car back on the twisty back roads of Georgia. Man, I long for the days of Jimmy Carter being governor again.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:12 pm

REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP wrote:The picture of the Grand Am looks exactly like the car my cousin had.  She used to take me to school in that car back on the twisty back roads of Georgia.  Man, I long for the days of Jimmy Carter being governor again.  

Well I long for the days of Jimmy Carter being a peanut farmer again! Yup, these cars just make me smile every time I see articles like this.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

fasrnur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:13 pm

We are due some recognition!!

BY THE WAY.....900 MILES last week on the HOT ROD POWER TOUR.
Not as many miles as compared to some.....

But , I had more people stopping to talk.....than the dude beside me with his restored 68 Camaro at one of the venues.....LOL

Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide Pt210

Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide Pt1_10
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:11 pm

You have a beautiful car. I have always liked it. I need to drive up there and buy you lunch one day.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:34 pm

Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide 23357710
Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide Autocr11
Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide 1_turd10
impalamote. I have loved your car since I got mine. You've inspired me on many things. Thanks!
I started with a $2500 running driving Turd 8 years ago. I've got close to 5 times that much into it so far. But I do have all the things I need to finish it. I'm kinda happy that I might not be upside down on it yet. lol
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:49 pm

You know Fasrnur, I need to buy you lunch as well. Bill, we need to get in my truck and go see these guys. It would be a quick 3000 mile round trip. Thats just a small matter.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Limey SE and fasrnur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:02 am

Thanks for the comments RevinKevin and Fasrnur.

Glad to have been an inspiration Fasrnur. Alot of times I just get bored and want to take on a new small project on the car....what I call.... "continuous improvement".

Agreed , doesnt take long to pile in the $$$$$. Worse things we could be spending our money on. It makes us happy......Im all for it !!

Our hobbies.....are good for our mental health!! Thats the way I see it.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

fasrnur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:07 am

REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP wrote:You know Fasrnur, I need to buy you lunch as well. Bill, we need to get in my truck and go see these guys. It would be a quick 3000 mile round trip. Thats just a small matter.

I'm always game for a road trip! Especially when it includes g3's and the folks that appreciate them as much as we do!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:21 am

[quote="impalamonte"]We are due some recognition!!

BY THE WAY.....900 MILES last week on the HOT ROD POWER TOUR.
Not as many miles as compared to some.....

But , I had more people stopping to talk.....than the dude beside me with his restored 68 Camaro at one of the venues.....LOL

I'm starting to think there are more 1st Gen Camaros on the road today than there were back in the day lol. I smile every time I see your car Mark! Next year me and RevinKevin will be joining you on PowerTour. No more procrastinating! How did your beast do for those 900 miles?
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:25 am

fasrnur wrote:
impalamote. I have loved your car since I got mine. You've inspired me on many things. Thanks!
I started with a $2500 running driving Turd 8 years ago. I've got close to 5 times that much into it so far. But I do have all the things I need to finish it. I'm kinda happy that I might not be upside down on it yet. lol

And Fasrnur, you have kept us motivated since you've posted your pics of when your first got your car. Love the honest look of your ride and all the upgrades you've done. Hope to join you one of these days at a car event as well.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

fasrnur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:08 am

How did your beast do for those 900 miles?[/quote]
[/quote]

g3Chevy ,

Went well. For two weeks leading up to the event ....checking and double checking things. Even though I have turned every nut and bolt on the car 3 times somewhere through my
ownership.
Then get on the trip and start thinking about all the things that could fail. AND....hmmm...did I check that? I still worry.

No issues ...but always expecting something with these old cars. Trunk full of tools , some vital parts.

Sat in Traffic for two hours within 3.5 miles of venue, IDLEING. Part of issue with trying to squeeze 6000+ cars (including spectators) into a place big enough to hold us.
Cars "melting" in that line and pulling off. As you can imagine.

If not for my set up......junkyard 2007 Ford Escape fans ( fit the core perfectly) and relay packs from a 1999- 2000 Volvo for each fan and on a manual switch .
(I have less that $100.00 in it).....I too would have been running warmer than what I would have wanted with just the ECM inputs governing.
I have ran that set up for 3 hours straight in the past getting through Atlanta traffic with the A/C on....last year's Power Tour. Just reliable!!!!
You cant beat the OEM stuff that the manufacturers have already "figured out".
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:30 am

impalamonte wrote: How did your beast do for those 900 miles?
[/quote]

g3Chevy ,

Went well. For two weeks leading up to the event ....checking and double checking things. Even though I have turned every nut and bolt on the car 3 times somewhere through my
 ownership.
 Then get on the trip and start thinking about all the things that could fail. AND....hmmm...did I check that?  I still worry.

No issues ...but always expecting something with these old cars.       Trunk full of tools , some vital parts.

Sat in Traffic for two hours within 3.5 miles of venue, IDLEING. Part of issue with trying to squeeze 6000+ cars (including spectators) into a place big enough to hold us.
   Cars "melting" in that line and pulling off. As you can imagine.

If not for my set up......junkyard 2007 Ford Escape fans ( fit the core perfectly) and relay packs from a 1999- 2000 Volvo for each fan and on a manual switch .
   (I have less that $100.00 in it).....I too would have been running warmer than what I would have wanted with just the ECM inputs governing.
   I have ran that set up for 3 hours straight in the past getting through Atlanta traffic with the A/C on....last year's Power Tour. Just reliable!!!!
   You cant beat the OEM stuff that the manufacturers have already "figured out".  [/quote]

Great info Mark! I've got a lot of bugs to work out with the cooling system on my 87 El Camino. I have a Ford Contour fan setup on it that I don't think is quite enough to keep up. It runs hot in the summer....at least hotter than I'm comfortable with. If I don't get the Hurst/Olds done by next summer, the 87 is my backup and need it road worthy. So come heck or high water, I'm gonna drive one of the vehicles!

Bill
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:51 am

I did consider the Contour fans knowing that they "push" a lot of CFM.

For the 2007 Ford ESCAPE Fans. One fan is a 8 blade and the other is a 6 blade.  
While at the junkyard , found another Ford Escape fan assembly and robbed the 8 blade from it to replace the 6 blade fan and did the conversion there in the junkyard.
THEN , I had two 8 blade fans in the shroud I purchased.

Here are mine.

During the LS swap.

Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide Fans10

Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide Volvo_10

I know this looks like a "jumbled up" mess......but.....I have since cleaned up....and IT WORKS!!

Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide Dual_r10
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by zucchi Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:13 pm

impalamonte wrote:Sat in Traffic for two hours within 3.5 miles of venue, IDLEING. … If not for my set up......junkyard 2007 Ford Escape fans ( fit the core perfectly) and relay packs from a 1999- 2000 Volvo for each fan and on a manual switch (I have less that $100.00 in it).....I too would have been running warmer than what I would have wanted with just the ECM inputs governing.
I still have the factory setup except that I run a 180° thermostat and the radiator was upgraded with a commercial grade core. The shop that did my radiator caters to earth movers and commercial equipment companies. In Los Angeles traffic with the AC running during the summer heat, the engine stays cool.  Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide 1f60e
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:29 pm

Keep in mind, Im SuperCharged. More heat......etc, etc, etc.....

https://www.g3gm.com/t8709-update-1973-monte-carlo-body-off-frame-resto-now-with-ls
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:32 pm

[quote="impalamonte" I did consider the Contour fans knowing that they "push" a lot of CFM.

For the 2007 Ford ESCAPE Fans. One fan is a 8 blade and the other is a 6 blade.  
While at the junkyard , found another Ford Escape fan assembly and robbed the 8 blade from it to replace the 6 blade fan and did the conversion there in the junkyard.
THEN , I had two 8 blade fans in the shroud I purchased.

Here are mine.

During the LS swap.

I know this looks like a "jumbled up" mess......but.....I have since cleaned up....and IT WORKS!! quote]

Mark, your setup looks substantially larger than the Contour setup I used. So looks like I'm doing the Escape swap for sure. The engine is not super charged, but these old school sbc 400's certainly create a lot of heat in the summer when running the a/c. Thanks for the pics!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:18 pm

g3 ,

Also , if you happen to come across the electric fans from a Lincoln Continental Mark 8 in the later production years (near the end of production).....purportedly....these are the ultimate in cooling. They do make aftermarket of these.....but....the aftermarket quality is questionable. I would hold out for the "junkyard" edition, if found. Hard to find a Mark 8 Coupe in the junkyard....very scarce!

Agreed on the 400....with the siamesed cylinders.

There is an aftermarket set-up created by a company called Delta Pag that is suppose to outperform ALL! Pricey !
Worth a look though.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

fasrnur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:08 pm

Thank you all for the comments. It's everyone here that has helped me thru my crazy improvements.
impalamonte I'm in the same camp. I get bored, think of, or see something, and I'm off to the races. lol
RevinKevin and g3. Straight up 35 to 94 and hang a right. Follow 94 to Snelling and go north on the weekend of July 19-21st and you'll be able to buy me lunch. Close to 10K street Machines and more and more G3's are showing up at it.
You might even get to see me make a fool of myself on the autocross. haha
Here's one of my "bored" projects I did while swapping gears
that has turned out real nice. Hagerty - 9 Big Winners from the Big Three in the Latest Price Guide Qa1_410
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:35 pm

Sugar Land to Indy 16 hours 1041 miles
Indy to Snelling 9 hours 625 miles
Snelling to Sugar Land 18 hours 1195 miles
2861 miles total for a couple of sandwiches and a super good time. What do you think G3?
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:36 pm

REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP wrote:Sugar Land to Indy 16 hours 1041 miles
Indy to Snelling 9 hours 625 miles
Snelling to Sugar Land 18 hours 1195 miles
2861 miles total for a couple of sandwiches and a super good time.  What do you think G3?

I'm in! I need a break from babysitting chickens all day lol.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE and fasrnur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down