G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chevrolet Malibu sedan 4 doors need parts

5 posters

Go down

Chevrolet Malibu sedan 4 doors need parts Empty Chevrolet Malibu sedan 4 doors need parts

Post by meren939 Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:04 am

Hello everyone looking for spare parts for the Malibu 1976 which are very necessary. There is not much left! Driver's door glass
Windshield
two round headlights
door seals all 4
radio
salon floor
trunk floor
rear shelf behind the seat.
A very big request to help us do not find spare parts. Sending to Russia
meren939
meren939
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Chevrolet Malibu sedan 4 doors need parts Empty Re: Chevrolet Malibu sedan 4 doors need parts

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:33 am

Welcome to the forum!  Hopefully, people on here can offer  some help in locating these hard-to-find parts.

First off, let's clarify some things:

1)  Will you be working with a Freight Broker/Forwarder here in the U.S. to ship these parts to Russia?  I doubt anyone on here has experience or capability to properly box and document a shipment of this size directly to you.  

2)  Regarding the door glass and windshield...are you willing to accept used glass that has light scratches... and, in the case of the windshield, usual pitting in the glass from road debris?  I've pulled door glass for a few guys on here and it becomes very subjective as to what is considered a good piece of glass.  And, since it's near impossible to photograph the inevitable scratches you find on used glass, I personally wouldn't want to take the chance shipping something to Russia and risk it not being to your liking.  Plus, it's no small task properly packaging it so it doesn't become broken in transit.

3) By "two round headlights"...are you only needing the headlight bulbs?  Or, the headlight housings with the bulbs?

4) Regarding the door seal weatherstrips...you're going to want new if you can find them. Try OPGI.com...I believe they have the 4 pieces of upper roof rail w/strips and at least the front lower door w/strips.

5) As for the radio...do you want an original AM, AM-FM, or AM-FM-8 Track?

6) By rear shelf...do you mean the finish trim panel or, the metal support structure that lies underneath it?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Chevrolet Malibu sedan 4 doors need parts Empty Re: Chevrolet Malibu sedan 4 doors need parts

Post by Hs1973 Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:06 pm

I was thinking maybe you would be better of finding parts in sweden. There is a Big tradition for USA cars in sweden and therefor alot of used parts availeble. Im guessing it would be easier for you to get parts send from sweden as it is alot closer to you via Finland. Try and have a look at blocket.se or do a google search for us parts sweden. Just a thought. 
Im from Copenhagen and know how difficult and expensive it is to have parts send from the us, i am however lucky that i have a large dealer of used parts close i can order parts from. You are welcome to email them and see if they are willing to help you with parts. Try and google trimo usadele.dk

I hope you find what you need. Henrik.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by newmexguy Sun May 12, 2019 10:20 am

Can source the headlight assemblies if still looking. Bulb, Bucket, Ring, and hardware - meaning ring to bucket screws. Any bulb would be tested before shipment. Those should still be available new, btw.  Might also be able to find LF door glass.  As above poster (Mcarlo77) states, used glass is very subjective.  One person's find is another's garbage.  Have found over in over twenty five years of parts selling, used glass is extremly hard, if not near impossible to sell.
Respectfully, Dave S  dona Ana NM 88032 USA

newmexguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun May 12, 2019 11:14 am

One thing to note on the front windshield of the 4 doors and station wagons is that there are shorter than the 2 door models by an inch or so. This also applies to the windshield trim.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down