G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trans Mount

2 posters

Go down

Trans Mount Empty Trans Mount

Post by Damon23 Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:54 pm

With some time to kill today I decided to get back under the 75 Malibu and change out the old transmission mount. First I went to the parts store after looking at all three and they all had the mount (amazing). So I picked one up for $9 and went home and pulled out the old one. Of course, two different mounts. The one I pulled out was flat, not much cushioning going on there. But it was flat and had a bolt that went thru the middle to mount it to the crossmember and two bolt holes on the side to mount to the transmission. The new one is tapered at the top with a bolt in it in the middle that goes thru the crossmember and two holes on the side to mount to the transmission. After looking I had to shave off a little of the bolt to be able to slide it on top of the crossmember but the bolt holes are off by millimeters. Do I open those mounting holes up a little and bolt it down or do I need to get a poly one cause it is closest to what everyone has in stock to the old one?

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Trans Mount Empty Re: Trans Mount

Post by bracketchev1221 Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:00 am

Did you try loosening the crossmember bolts to the frame and moving it around?
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down